Bike trailers are used for different purposes. The most commonly used trailers are for cargo, pets, and children. Kidsbikeadvisor, in this article, gives you information on bike trailers for kids. After reading through this piece of information, you should be able to choose the right trailer for your child.
The first and most obvious criterion based on which to pick a trailer is whether you want to use it for one child or several children. Choose the best Trailers for your child to keep them warm. Check out the 10 listed Trailers below:
Top 10 Trailers You Need to Look For
1. Instep Bike Trailer for Toddlers
- Take your child along for the ride with the InStep Sync single tow behind bike trailer carrier.
- 16 inch pneumatic tires with molded rims provide performance, safety, and timeless style; A five point harness and safety flag ensure your riders are protected.
- The folding frame design and quick release wheel make for quick and easy assembly, storage, and transport.
- Designed to protect your child from the elements, a 2 in 1 canopy features both a bug screen and a weather shield with rear vent window.
You and your little one are good to go with the InStep Sync Bicycle Trailer. Designed with a sporty 2-in-1 canopy that features both a mesh bug screen and a weather shield to help protect your children from those pesky bugs and rainy rides. Durable 16″ air-filled tires offer a smooth ride, while moulded rims finish off the look and add extra durability. This lightweight trailer has a universal coupler hitch that easily attaches to almost any bike.
2. Instep Quick-N-EZ Double Tow Behind Bike Trailer
- This tow-behind child carrier fits most bike styles.
- The maximum weight limit is 80 pounds (two 40-pound children) with an additional 12 pounds in the rear storage area.
- The folding-frame design and quick-release wheel make for quick and easy assembly, storage, and transport.
It’s impossible to create lifelong family memories if everyone isn’t along for the ride! No family member gets left behind when an InStep trailer is involved. Turn your next afternoon ride into a family adventure with this versatile trailer from InStep! This comfortable two-seater features padding and support for little passengers and a 2-in-1 bug shield/weather screen canopy to ensure every ride is cozy even when the elements won’t cooperate.
3. Schwinn Joyrider Trailblazer Bike Trailer
- Tow behind style bike trailer, universal bike coupler will fit most bicycle rear wheels, 5-point rider harnesses with shoulder patches, safety flag for extra visibility.
- Assembled 51.8″ x 32.5″ x 31.9″‘, fits two riders up to 40 pounds each. Features a small storage space behind the seat for water bottle or some cargo.
- Fits in the back of cars or closet. The frame collapses and the wheels remove. Comes with a coupler that will attach to most rear bike wheels.
Schwinn believes that learning to ride a bike is a rite of passage. It offers fun and adventure. For riders of all ages it develops confidence, strength, and capability, along with a sense of self-reliance.
4. Burley Bee Child Trailer
- Large rear cargo space to hold anything you’ll need on your adventure.
- Trailer folds flat for easy transportation and storage.
- Nimble, easy to use, and perfect for exploring.
- These entry-level bike trailers enable your daily excursions with the safety and durability you expect from Burley.
Our iconic bike trailer designed to enable family adventures without sacrificing safety or durability. This lightweight, bike-only trailer features comfortable seating for one or two children, tinted windows and plenty of space for cargo. Share your love for the outdoors with your little ones in the Burley Bee.
5. Allen Sports Deluxe Steel Child Trailer
- Lightweight steel construction trailer with durable quick release 16 inch steel wheels.
- Safely and comfortably transports 1 child (up to 50 pounds max payload).
- Large front and side windows provide a bright, airy cabin for your little rider.
- Foot guard tube protect passenger’s feet, and a padded 5 point safety harness comfortable holds your child in place.
The Allen Sports T1 1-Child bicycle trailer offers the perfect outdoor solution for active parents. The item quickly sets up as a bike trailer right out of the box. 16″ rear wheels deliver low rolling resistance, and large front and side windows let your passenger enjoy the ride. The T1 trailer includes a foot bar that protects your children’s feet and also comes with a removable three season bug and rain shield. The padded five-point safety harness securely holds your child in place during use.
Check Related Posts
- 10 Best Bikes for 2 to 3 Year Old Kids
- Buying Guide on Choosing The Right Bike Size For Kids
- Why Kids Need Hydration Backpacks
- Best Electric Dirt Bike for Kids – Buying Guide
- How to Choose the Right Balance Bike for Toddlers?
6. Schwinn Joyrider and Trailblazer Bike Trailer
- Take your loved ones with you everywhere with this Schwinn Joyrider Double Bicycle Trailer which features aluminum/steel frame construction for a safer, lightweight ride.
- Stand up to the elements with a 2-in-1 canopy which includes a bug screen and a weather shield, so you can protect your little passengers from weather that won’t cooperate.
- It’s 20-inch quick release wheels and folding frame makes preparing for your next adventure and storing your trailer both hassle free.
Schwinn was established in 1895, by Ignaz Schwinn in Chicago, IL. Remembered for iconic bikes like the Phantom, the Varsity, the Stingray and the original Krate and Picker series of children’s bikes, Schwinn has made it possible for riders of all ages to experience the thrill of riding a bicycle. Children and adults around the world trust the Schwinn name for quality and value.
7. Aosom Elite 360 Swivel 2-in-1 Double Cargo Trailer
- Take your child jogging, biking, or walking conveniently and easily with this 2-in-1 jogging trailer.
- This can be used as a child stroller that you push as you run, or it can be attached to your bike for a cycling adventure.
- Includes a sling seat with a 5-point safety harness and removable canopy to help protect from sun, rain, or debris.
- Seats 1-2 children or groceries and supplies, up to 88 lbs., making bike travel with cargo easy and convenient.
Parents often love to share the things that they are into with their children. For cycling and jogging enthusiasts, as luck would have it, kids and the outdoors go naturally together. The Aosom Elite 3-in-1 bike trailer stroller is perfect for that golden time when they’re starting to get inquisitive about the world around them but not quite old enough to ride on their own.
8. Burley Minnow, Kids Bike-Only Trailer
- Compact fold flattens the trailer for easy storage and transportation.
- 20” push button wheels for quick removal.
- Ready to Bike: includes Steel Hitch, tow bar, and safety flag.
- Hammock style seat provides passive suspension for rider comfort.
- Water resistant 600D polyester cover and seat fabric.
The Burley Minnow is a single seat kids bike trailer. Upholding the Burley Standard for safety, the Minnow has: a full aluminum roll cage, 5-point harness system and passes rigorous Burley Standard durability testing. It has a comfortable hammock style seat, fold flat design, water-resistant cover, and large cargo area. The Minnow is a bike only trailer. If you are looking for a quality trailer with all the essentials the Minnow is for you.
Also Check: 16 Best Kids Piano to Buy in 2020
9. Hamax Outback Reclining Multi-Sport Bike Trailer
- Bike Trailer, Stroller, Jogger* in one.
- Hassle-free Bike Hitch Installation.
- Quick-Fold Cockpit & Quick-Release Wheels.
- Adjustable Suspension, Push Bar, & Head Rests.
- UV-Protected Windows, Sunroof, & Coverings.
- XL-Sized Cargo Space.
- 1-Click Transition Between Kits.
Available in the Outback (2 passenger) and Outback ONE (1 passenger) styles, this versatile child bike trailer-stroller-jogger* is ideal for active families. Its unique ‘Safe Connection Point’ ensures an easy, secure switch between kits, and its adjustable suspension makes it ideal for all kinds of terrains. A room cockpit and rear storage, adjustable padded seats, and UV-protected windows with sun shade, bug, and wind screens make the Outback carriers the ultimate in comfort and style.
10. Weehoo 2016 iGo Blast Tag Along Child Trailer
- Safe, engaging, and fun, you and your kids will have a blast on long rides, around town, on singletrack, and everywhere else a bike can take you.
- Enjoy meltdown-free riding with the Weehoo iGo Blast.
- Fits ages 1 to 4 with quickly adjustable seat and harness.
- Maximum weight limit of 80 lbs.
Experience engaging adventures with the Weehoo igo blast bicycle trailer. The balanced, streamlined design of the igo bike trailer gives you the ability to share your style of riding with your children. And riding is easy with the patented, self-aligning hitch, and single wheel design. This fresh approach to family mobility allows children to explore, eat, Sleep, or just sit back and enjoy the ride. Explore your world on melt-down-free adventures and experience quality time on command with a Weehoo bike trailer.
Regardless of the type of bike trailer you choose, it is good to remember that you will be doing the towing job. Yes, imagine towing the entire weight of the trailer in addition to the weight of your children (or child). Thus, it is important to consider how you and your kids will use the trailer, more than just buying it.