A quick-release skewer is a device for mounting a wheel to a bicycle. It consists of a rod threaded on one end and a cam lever worked on the other. The rod is inserted into the hollow axle of the wheel, the special nut is threaded and the lever is closed to tighten the cam and lock the wheel to the fork.
It consists of a rod threaded on one end and a lever-driven cam assembly on the other. The rod is inserted into the hollow axle of the wheel, the special nut is threaded, and the lever is closed to tighten the cam and attach the wheel to the fork.
How do you use Skewers?
Quick releases tend not to be used on some types of bicycles, such as utility bicycles or road bicycles, partially because of practice and partly because there is less need for quick removal of wheels without the use of equipment. Fast releases are often advised against the use of disc brakes owing to the requirement for an axle linkage to survive braking forces.
The quick-release levers are generally on the left side of the bike, but some tend to be on the right side of the disc brake is on the left side. Mountain bikers also tend to aim the lever sideways to minimize the chance that it will catch on undergrowth and be pushed open.
If you’ve been riding indoors for any length of time, you’ve undoubtedly toppled over or tipped your bike out of the trainer. CycleOps solved this dilemma by making a Trainer Skewer specifically designed for its trainers to ensure you’re always upright. It fits most rear wheels and is shaped so that it seats securely in the rear wheel mount of the trainer. It is available in one size and in the color silver.
- Replacement rear wheel skewer.
- Specifically designed for use with CycleOps trainers.
- Compatibility: Rear-wheel road or Mtb.
- Material: Alloy.
- Made of good quality iron and aluminum alloy, durable, sturdy, high strength.
- Ultralight than other material made skewers, adding no heaviness to training or long time riding.
- Premium washers, resistant to high temperature and abrasion, durable for long time use.
- Wheels equipped with quick-release mechanisms can be removed from the bicycle frame and replaced without using tools, convenient and labor-saving to use.
- Suitable for most bikes with 26-inch wheels.
Fort Knox for wheels. Tackling the perennial issue of wheel security, Delta Cycle high-grade locking Skewers and nuts will challenge even the most determined thieves. The patent-pending knoxnut features a one-of-a-kind nut protected by a super-tough free-floating outer ring, making it impossible to release your wheel with anything other than the special key. Knoxnut key. The special forged key is lightweight and easy to carry. Use with regular 6mm Allen key to unlock. All keys are marked with a unique serial number. Knoxnut front skewer fits 130mm axles knoxnut rear skewer fits 168mm axles.
- Ultimate wheel locking system
- Maximum Protection for any wheel; Quick-Release, single speed, fixed gear, internal gear.
- Unique blind-head skewer with knoxnut.
- Neat and unobtrusive wheel security.
- The special forged key is lightweight and easy to carry; use with a 6mm Allen key to unlock.
Thule Child Carrier Alternative Hitch Components: accessory package required for adding a carrier to a 2nd bike.
- Allows for your Thule child carrier to be used on a second bike.
- Easily move your cycling-ready carrier from one bike to another.
- The maximum capacity for a single Thule child carrier is 75 pounds (34 kilograms) and for a double Thule child carrier, it is 100 pounds including children and cargo.
- Includes: Extra Long Quick Release Skewer and hitch cup.
- Specifically to mount the rear wheel in a trainer because it’s made of steel and has a round contour that fits the trainer well.
- The rear axle must be hollow to utilize the QR square.
- This is for the rear, 130mm qr. Fits 8-9-10-11 speed.
- This is for the rear, 130mm qr. Fits 8-9-10-11 spIt’s heavy steel that I use to support my bike on a trainer.
- Brand new titanium alloy quick release skewer for mountain bike/road bicycles.
- The ratcheting system tightens skewers with turns rather than cam.
- 100/135 designed for mountain bikes, and 100/130 for road bicycles.
- The lever can be placed in an ideal position you want.
- Up to 50% more clamping force than standard quick-release skewer.
The ideal solution to bicycle wheel theft. Includes a front and rear wheel locking skewer, with each lock operated using a unique multi combination key, to ensure the security of your wheels at a fraction of their replacement cost.
- The ideal solution to bicycle wheel theft.
- Includes a front and rear wheel locking skewer, with each lock operated using a unique multi combination key.
- Ensure the security of your wheels at a fraction of their replacement cost.
- The quick-release skewer is easy to install and disassemble, working as a nice replacement for the original skewer.
- Its cam lever cap and retainer nut provide a secure interface with the mounts on the trainer, compatible with most the cycling trainers in the market, and help prevent scratches to the dropouts on your frame.
- The axle accommodates both 130mm road bike spacing and 135mm MTB spacing, fitting for the majority of rear cycle wheels with the hollow axle.
- Made from quality material, the skewer is strong enough to bear the weight of the bike and the rider.
- The front skewer size: 145 mm, the rear skewer size: 185 mm, one size fits most road bikes.
- Road bike necessary: smooth cam action lever, extruded CNC machined alloy nut, quality quick release anodized alloy seat clamp skewer.
- Package content: you will receive 2 pairs of skewers, black and blue, enough quantities for you to use.
DEERU aims to provide you, our dear customers, with the best experience during exercise. Quick-release is easy to set up and quick installation. It helps you easily install/uninstall the wheels so you can carry your bike anywhere with ease. Made with durable material and compatible with most bikes.
- Smooth cam action lever. Durable deep color 5-micron finish in a wide color range. Extruded CNC machined alloy hub nut with large flange.
- Axle diameter: about 4.5 mm. Front Skewer Size: 145 mm. Front Skewer Weight: 46 grams. Rear Skewer Size: 180 mm, Rear Skewer Weight:51 grams.
- Material: Steel and aluminum alloy; Durable and compatible with most road bikes, mountain bikes, MTB, BMX.
- Easy to set up and quick installation, perfect for replacement, as soon as installed, you can use your bicycle like new.
- The axles fit for the majority of 20″ 22″ 24″ 26″ 28″ bike, work on a 6 7 8 speed road bike.
To know more about Skewers. Click here>>
The skewer is a rod that sits within the hollow axle of the hub. Hope you’re satisfied by the above kid’s bike skewers. If you find this article useful please share your thoughts on the comment box below.