Whether your child is just learning to ride, or cruising around the neighborhood parks with friends, or racing a BMX, you will get to know why Knee & Elbow Pads are essential for them in a moment.
In this article, you will read about:
- What should parents know(TIPS) about Knees & Elbows pads, before ordering/buying one?
- Is it vital to evaluate Knee and Elbow pads before buying them?
- Most common (Approximate) size range for Kids.
- Top 12 fantastic offers with Knee and Elbow Pads for Kids
Seeing kids fall or injure themselves could be quite a nightmare for parents. By investing in a set of protective biking elbow and knee pads, you could be at peace and let your child play safe and have fun.
What should parents know(TIPS) about knees and elbows pads, before ordering/buying one?
- Knees and elbows are parts of the body susceptible to dangerous hurts and bruises. So, there is a greater need for protection to those areas while kids are out on the wheels. When the quotient of protection gets better on knees and elbows, your kids would gain a higher level of confidence on roads, trails, neighborhoods, etc.
- Knee pads help your child focus on the sport and increase their performance in the sport, more than worrying about injury. Hence, it is essential to pick the correct knees and elbows pads best suited for biking sport.
- When you pick a pad, ensure to measure 4 inches below and above the knee; after kids wear it, have them flex their knee to about 30 degrees (approximate) to check the flexibility.
- Ensure to get the instructions for care with the package you order/buy. It should also contain instructions on the washing and drying of the items as well.
- It is advisable to wash the knees and elbows pad regularly so that they do not collect bacteria.
- Knee pads help you relieve Patella pain, reduce injury, and increase performance
Is it vital to evaluate knee and elbow pads before buying them? Yes. Here is why.
- Knee/Elbow-protection is ‘an investment’. The effectiveness of these pads is correlated with bringing down the chances of major/minor injuries and scrapes. It also relieves pain in the elbow/knee joints.
- Look for the padding, inner materials, and outer shell. The outer shell should be able to withstand the hardest of falls, resistant to impact, and be durable at the same.
- It is necessary to analyze the fabric of the knee & elbow pad since they provide protection, breathability, durability, comfort, and flexibility.
- Knee and elbow pads should ensure adequate blood flow and prevent fatigue/soreness in your muscles. Also, make sure it provides support to your ligaments and muscles, preventing your child from overextending it.
Most Common (Approximate) Sizes
Different brands offer different measurements of sizes. By and large, most brands go with these measurements as indicated below though. However, the best way is to try one and see if you are happy with the overall fittings.
S(Small) size suits 3-7 years old
M(Medium) size fits 6-15 years old
These days, it is easier to find many popular knee pads for kids in the market. With an increasing count of manufacturers creating knee and elbow pads according to their standards and measurements, it is quite natural to get overwhelmed by the varieties of products. Thankfully, with this article, we thought it would only make sense to put the best of the lot, and facilitate you to pick the suitable pack online, making your shopping further convenient.
Top 12 Fantastic Offers with Knee and Elbow Pads for Kids
Note: Some of these packages/offers even have hand gloves and wrist pads as a value addition for the buy. We recommend you don’t miss them!
1. G-Form Pro-X Knee Pads
This brand features a soft, flexible, lightweight, protective knee pad. This padding forms a second-skin to the body, aided by Reaction Protection Technology which would only react on impact without hindering movement.
- Has unique ‘reaction protection technology’ which enables pads to stay soft and harden only on impact.
- Multi-sport protection
- Machine washable
- It is designed to move as you move and is flexible.
- Sleek G-form pads are lightweight, breathable, and fit.
- The cost is expensive, but worth the investment.
2. PHZ Knee and Elbow Pads
PHZ enables users(boys and girls) to explore their extreme talent in biking and other sports without any compromise.
- Elbow & Knee pads are made of soft EVA padded with tough plastic plates shell.
- Wrist guards are ergonomically designed splint with full strap
- Adjustable straps with Velcro (stretch) fabric
- Flexible to adapt to different sizes of knees and elbows.
3. Strider – Knee and Elbow Pad
This brand is perfect for children who are 18 months to 5 years old.
- Hard plastic outer shell to protect knees and elbows
- Washable pads
- Stylish design
- Hook and look straps
4. Schwinn SW76308-6 Child’s Pad Set
Schwinn features high-quality knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves.
- Adjustable strap system
- Style and design
- Nylon fabric
- Knee and Elbow pads may look the same. But it can be tried on to know better
- Colors are limited to choose from
Best suited for 2- 8 years old kids. This brand comes with a protective gear set meant for biking, skating, rollerblading, and other outdoor sports.
- Made out of tough and durable materials such as ABS shell, EPS, and Coolmax breathable sleeves
- Features hard PVC shell, thick soft sponge
- Features curved ABS plastic designed to reduce the impact
- It comes in cool blue and green colors
- These can be washable with hands and a brush
6. BOSONER Kids Knee & Elbow Pads
This brand is best recommended for kids 3-8 years old, for both boys and girls. BOSONER offers multifunctional protective gear much suited for biking/cycling, skating, and other extreme sports for an amazing price. You could use this offer for gifting purposes as well.
- Adjustable elastic straps
- Lightweight ventilated EVA foam
- Utmost safety and comfort
- Made of PVC material
- Has shock absorbers and it comes with many colors
7. Simply Kids – Knee and Elbow Pads + Bike Gloves Offer
Simply Kids products offer kid protective gear that is designed with safety and supreme quality in mind. All their products are CPSIA compliant. These are highly recommended for kids who are 2-4 years old.
- Innovative 3-layer soft pads offer much protection, durability, safety, and breathing space
- Comfortable, skin-friendly, and lightweight neoprene material
- Easy to put on and off
- The flexibility of the pads does not hinder children’ movement or range of motion
8. Mongoose BMX Bike Gel Knee and Elbow Pad Set
Mongoose ensures confidence in little riders by providing durable, long-lasting, and protective products. This helps riders protect their primary injury points. This is best suited for kids 8-14 years of age.
- The superior shell padding gives protection from scratching and bruising.
- Interior gel padding provides shock absorption
- Added comfort and safety
- Looks cool with adjustable Velcro straps
- Pads may slide occasionally
9. Dostar Kid’s Adjustable Knee and Elbow Guards
This brand features hard ABS guard, nylon, and sponge material meant to the durable, breathable, protective; suitable for cycling, skating, and other sports. This suits children 3-8 years old.
- Safety insurance
- Stylish design
- Adjustable elastic straps
- Velcro closures
- Lightweight and ventilated soft EVA foam
10. Sarik Kids Adjustable Knee Elbow Pads
Sarik offers all-round protection, specially designed for children 3-8 years old. This gear is appropriate for biking, skateboarding, and other outdoor sports.
- Lightweight and comfortable material
- The ventilated soft EVA foam
- PE shell and thickened soft sponge
- A magic stick to modifying the size
11. JBM Kids Knee and Elbow Pads
JBM offers Knee and Elbow Pads with Wrist Guards for biking and other sports activities for your boys and girls.
- 4-layers structure offers extra protection for kids’ knees, arms, and hands
- Supper hard pads designed with durable and impact-resistant PVC materials
- Anti-skid, breathable PE, PP material
- There are chances of legs getting hotter after some time
12. GOBEST Kids Protective Gear Set
This brand features a wider range for both boys and girls 3-8 years of age. GOBEST’s 3-in-1 knee and elbow pads with wrist guards keep your kids safe and protected in their biking journey.
- Durable, comfortable PE padded and breathable mesh material with tough plastic plates
- Provides all-round protection
Knees and Elbows pads can be used by any rider. Be it a timid child, or a neighborhood rider, or even the aggressive kids. The key point here is to protect the little one’s knees and elbows to a large extent from danger.
It is really important to make sure your kids wear the right padding system while on wheels. They protect them from injury and keep them well-supported. There are some kids who may not enjoy wearing pads, but with the brands recommended above, we believe you will pick the ones best suited for them.
We appreciate your time in reading this article.
We encourage you to read our other articles on kidsbikesadvisor.com/ as well.
If you would like reading our other articles on Kids Bikes, visit the link below: